Question about after they check your cervix?

So I went to the hospital last night becasue i wasn't feeling too great my back was hurting and i had cramps in the front which i guess they told me were contractions. they checked me and i was 1 cm dialated and %70 effaced... but sent me home cause the contractins were not making any progress over time. I know after they check your cervix sometimes you can bleed... but i was just wondering is it weird if you get like these little chunkies that are bloody?? sorry if tmi

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:57 PM on Nov. 8, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Kinda sounds like your mucous plug....that's all I can think it would be.
    HippieChick14

Answer by HippieChick14 at 12:08 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• yeah def ur mucus plug. mine was expelled for like the last 3wks and i got all gitty shes coming and early and she did by lke 10 days. lol
    SummerMom072208

Answer by SummerMom072208 at 12:25 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Agree with above answers
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 12:33 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• mucus plug! Woo HOO! Your going to have a baby soon!
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 12:38 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• sounds like ur mucus plug was it bloody and slimy (sorry tmi) if so yeap mucus plug but dont think like in the next hour u may be having the baby mine came out like a week before I had my oldest. Good luck
    MommaKee

Answer by MommaKee at 1:46 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Actually, my guess would be capillaries. I had my cervix checked several times throughout my pregnancy, and I bled almost every time (and called to make sure it was ok quite often, as well!). If you're at all concerned, don't be afraid to put in a call to your doc or nurse, that's what they're there for! Even if they tell you exactly what you already know, it feels SO much better to hear them say it!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 3:10 AM on Nov. 9, 2008