why does everyone on cafemom seem to get so mad about PA post?

Here is a Public Aid (PA) post..eneded up being locked by cafemom admin.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/416/forums/read/12966378/A_little_trick_Ive_learned_with_my_Food_Stamps?next=181&added_shortcut=1

Know i myself would have been a little upset that she was wasting in order to gain a few cents, However, I myself have at one point had the link card and no job it was for a very short period but..I did a similar thing I purchased milk in a glass bottle (something i know my kid would drink) and the bottles deposit was 1,50 each i saved them up and when i needed diapers, baby wipes or Birthday or Christmas present i returned them...but i used the contents of milk purchased and never used the money for something that did provide for my child ( At the time I was a single mother full-time college student and let go from my job due to store downsizing.) everyone that gets assistance does not stay on it, want to be on it,etc..in my case i was alone in this world with nobody to help me.
its one thing to ask for help,its another to take it and its even another to abuse it... some people do abuse it while not everyone,PA is suppose to be a hand up(Help) not a hand out people need to remember that.

:)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:56 AM on Dec. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• Im lost whats glass milk?
    premiemom18

Answer by premiemom18 at 2:32 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Milk you can purchase in glass bottles instead of the plastic containers. Brand Oberweis milk for example
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:33 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• It's a controversial topic. Many people feel like PA is a "helping hand" for those less fortunate. Many others feel like the majority of people receiving PA do so because they make crappy, irresponsible decisions and then taxpayers have to support them and their offspring. It's a very emotional topic.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 6:46 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• It is definitely a hot button issue.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 8:40 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I agree, some people use it only when needed. Others use it and abuse it.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 10:35 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• My family had to have assistance for the better part of this year. We had a lot of children that needed to be fed because my older brother and his family moved in with us when they fell on hard times and that mad our bills go up and my brother and his wife were out of work for a time so I applied for food stamps to make sure that the kids had food to eat. I am happy to say they moved out 2 weeks ago with my brother working and his pregnant wife waiting on their baby to be born before returning to work. And my house is going to start the year off assistance free so that the next family with children that needs it is able to get help. I feel blessed and thankful for getting the help when my family needed it and can't wait to pass on some help to someone else when I am able to. There are people who abuse it (I've known a few) It is disgusting But not all needy families are like that.
    angelmine2011

Answer by angelmine2011 at 11:32 AM on Dec. 20, 2010