It may be a pattern....

I've noticed that a lot of men that cheat come from homes where their fathers cheated on their mothers, etc. and I was wondering if this is an observation that others have made as well because if it is, then that would be a good indicator as to whether or not to get involved with a man or not or is it just a coincidence?

ShouldHaveLeft

Asked by ShouldHaveLeft at 2:11 AM on Dec. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• People tend to do things they have seen happen as a child because they saw it as being okay to do. I know not every guy or girl who had a cheating parent will cheat, but when it's been shown as a norm, some will think it's just how things are. Doesn't make it right though.
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 10:35 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I had a "friend with benefits" for a while. Then he would still call me when she wasn't around- to come over for sex. He was a drug addict and alcoholic. His father and mother were also drug addicts and alcoholics. His father had a daughter with another woman- she's about the same age as this "friend" of mine. Well I find out from his baby's mamma that the father has another daughter that his wife doesn't know about yet. I would say yes men that cheat come from homes where their fathers cheated too. It's probably the rule not the exception.
    badgirl44654

Answer by badgirl44654 at 2:15 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I've heard that it seems to be a pattern that is handed down from a parent to a child. It is definitely more likely to happen in this situation.
    Oncloud8

Answer by Oncloud8 at 2:42 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• No my FIL never cheated on my MIL but my husband cheated on me. Same with my ex I was with for 4 years he's dad never cheated on his mom but he cheated on me. Its not how or where they grew up its whats in their twisted minds
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:43 AM on Dec. 20, 2010