What is the one word of caution that you would tell

your daughters about men and relationships?

I tell my daughter not to put to much hope into a man or a relationship because the more you expect, the worse the disappointment.

ShouldHaveLeft

Asked by ShouldHaveLeft at 2:12 AM on Dec. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• To rely on themselves for their personal happiness, not a man.
    Ashes0813

Answer by Ashes0813 at 3:24 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I'm going to tell my daughter she needs to taste lots of different kinds of ice cream. LOL! She doesn't need to get hooked on the first guy that likes her.
    Averylee85

Answer by Averylee85 at 2:19 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• i will tell her that choosing a partner/spouse is the most important desicion you will ever make
    also, be sure to keep yourself independant, and always be able to support yourself-just in case
    trust your instincts, that is why we have them and do not make excuses for other persons actions
    you are responsible for your own actions, do not make someone elses issues your responsibility
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 11:04 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• If he tries to change you, he doesn't love YOU, he loves what he wants you to be.
    Not everyone is always right about who you should love, but if more people hate him than like him, take a step back and look at the whole picture, don't just be blinded by the twiddlepation, b/c that wears off.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 3:56 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I guess I would just tell her not to jump in to fast. Take things slow and if he is interested he will stick around for the long haul.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 2:16 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• that most men really want one thing from a woman and it usually involves them taking their clothes off
    mistik75

Answer by mistik75 at 8:15 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• That if you don't feel like you can be exactly who you are with a guy, he's probably not the guy you're looking for.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 8:18 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Never give complete trust.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:19 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Know with you heart not your emotions that he is the one for you . I would hope that over the time raising her that my husband and I place respect. Showing her how a real man treats a woman . I want her to value herself more then the othere person keeping God first in her life , herself, and then others.
    karing4elmas

Answer by karing4elmas at 5:14 PM on Dec. 20, 2010