Does anyone know of any foods that help your body to produce breastmilk?

AuntyMama

Asked by AuntyMama at 2:15 AM on Dec. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Oatmeal is the only one that I know works. I learned that from a breastfeeding consultant. I don't remember her saying there were any other foods that increase your supply.
    Averylee85

Answer by Averylee85 at 2:16 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I don't know of any food but I do know that there are certain herbs and minerals that do. I'm kinda tired tonight but if you send me a message tomorrow, I'll look it up in my herb books.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 2:17 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• well i know plenty of water!
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 2:19 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Oatmeal and water
    tere1986

Answer by tere1986 at 2:43 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• The herbal remedy is called Fenugreek. It will make you smell like maple syrup when you've got enough in your system to work, but it does work. There are also teas that can be drunk; the one I used was called Mother's Milk tea, but I'm not sure what company made it. Look for it in a health food/whole foods store.
    ruthie11617

Answer by ruthie11617 at 4:56 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Thank you everyone i really appreciate it :)
    AuntyMama

Comment by AuntyMama (original poster) at 5:06 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• water
    san78

Answer by san78 at 5:24 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Okay...I looked it up...Blessed Thistle enriches milk in nursing mothers. If your making a tea to take before breastfeeding, you may also want to add Hops and/or Lobelia to the mix. It will help calm and relax the baby as well as yourself. Once your ready to stop breastfeeding, parsley helps drying the milk, avoid cooking with it while you are breastfeeding though.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 9:51 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Mother's milk tea and look up kellymom.com it is a great website for information and the bfing group on her is awesome too.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 10:19 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Fenugreek! :D
    Twinklights

Answer by Twinklights at 11:17 AM on Dec. 20, 2010