Is there an all natural remedy for insomnia that anyone has tried?

harris4

Asked by harris4 at 2:18 AM on Dec. 20, 2010 in Health

• I'm the one that posted the tea...it's a little late and I was about to go to bed but this is important because I also suffer from insomnia, so send me a message and I'll get you the recipe by tomorrow morning. You probably don't have the ingredients on hand right now, so giving it to you now won't really help much anyway.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 2:23 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I can't remember who she is but someone on CafeMom posted a homemade tea that is supposed to work wonders. I'll bump ya. GL
    Averylee85

Answer by Averylee85 at 2:20 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• warm milk,hot bath,looking for house it puts me to sleep every time lol
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 2:21 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• chamomile tea works well, there is just something about it that is very relaxing.something that works great imo is soundscapes cd's/sounds of nature. it is just so soothing, u should look it up to listen to some samples. everyone is different but when i put it on,within 5 mins i am fast asleep!
    maya123

Answer by maya123 at 3:54 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• You can also try melatonin. It's a naturally occuring hormone in our bodies that helps regulate our sleep cycle. It can be purchased in pill form over the counter in any store that sells herbal remedies (I have purchased it at Walmart and grocery stores as well). It's usually found in two strengths, 3mg and 5mg. Start with the lower dose and see how it works for you. Simply take it a half hour before bedtime. It may take a week to build up enough in your system to be effective, so give it some time. If the 3mg does not work, go up to 5mg. Another herbal remedy that works is Valerian.
    ruthie11617

Answer by ruthie11617 at 4:52 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Don't use melatonin on a regular basis! At most maybe once a week because since your body naturally produces it, if you add it from an outside source on a regular basis, you body will stop it's production and then when you need it naturally again, you won't have enough production. I have several insomnia tea recipes so my body won't acclimate to just one but this one is one of my favorites. Take equal parts lavender, chamomile, roses, passion flower and hops. When you make the tea, let it steep for a good 30 minutes (you may need to reheat a little), add a touch of honey to make it yummo and you be out in about 30-40 minutes with no groggy hangover the next morning. I have batches and batches of this stuff already put together...let me know if you want some and I'll send it out to you.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 9:56 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Warm milk and whiskey. Walking around for a few hours. Reading the most boring book in the house. Chamomile tea. Celestial Seasons Tension Tamer tea. A sleep routine: a little exercise, beauty routine, lights out and snuggle in bed, with a consistent wake up time in the morning.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 10:14 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Valerian root. You can get it in pill form. Celestial Season's tea also makes a Sleepy Time Tea with Valerian root. You can probably find both at any grocery store.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 10:40 AM on Dec. 20, 2010