My son is 3 months old and he only wants mommy! He will go to other people for onlly a very short time but then he has to have me again. Is this normal?

AuntyMama

Asked by AuntyMama at 2:19 AM on Dec. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Most definitely. It's just a phase and he'll grow out of it. Almost all babies go through separation anxiety.
    Averylee85

Answer by Averylee85 at 2:21 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Especially when baby is as spoiled to you as you have Rayhan spoiled, a good momma does that, enjoy it wont last,LOL.
    kingkongsmom

Answer by kingkongsmom at 2:23 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• very.Give it about 3 or four more months and hell get to the stage where he can amuse hisself a bit more and recognizes people more other than momma...
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 2:23 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• OMG my two year old is the same way, I even have to sneak to the bathroom cuz if he sees me get up he runs to me screaming wanting me to hold him. I think they just miss us, enjoys it while it lasts cuz evntually they grow up, these little moments don't last long.

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 2:25 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• It's very normal, especially if your breastfeeding.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 2:25 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• yes
    san78

Answer by san78 at 5:24 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• 100% normal and will be for a long while yet.And that is NOT spoiling. Infants CANNOT be spoiled. Period.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:28 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I see that spoiled comment reply,LOL by gdiamante..
    .I agree,............ however this girl cannot even shower without taking him in with her, she says he doesnt cry, just screams at her and stops when he gets his way,
    she is my daughter, he is my granson..pretty sure she knows what Im doing and why................She is a few states away so about all I can do is see pics she sends and tease her when I can.--thanks for defending the 'spoiled' part anyway.
    She spends almost every minute apparently talking to him, playing even while in midst of other things so he expects to constantly hear and see her no matter what sh eis doing, even when on phone she spends as much or more time talking to Rayhan as she does us, seriously sometimes mid sentence she stops our conversation or others to respond to his cooes,...........she is a great mom,...and its good to hear her ignore me/others for him.
    kingkongsmom

Answer by kingkongsmom at 2:44 AM on Dec. 21, 2010