How long do I have to wait after conception for an at home test to be accurate?

I don't know yet whether or not I'm pregnant. It's only been 2 weeks since I could have conceived, and everything I've read says that's too early for a pregnancy test, especially since I"m not due for a period for another couple of weeks. I suffer from severe migraine syndrome and severe anxiety and depression. Both of these are very nicely controlled with medications, but after the research I just did, most of the medications I'm on for my conditions could very definitely harm the baby, if I am pregnant. Does anyone know how soon I can take an at home test and get a somewhat reliable response, and does anyone have any experience or knowledge about medication issues and pregnancies? I'm mostly concerned about the health risks to my potential little one. Thanks for any help.

SPCsGirl

Asked by SPCsGirl at 11:59 PM on Nov. 8, 2008 in Pregnancy

• 19 days after intercourse.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 12:00 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• You can take an at home test right after you miss your period
    KristaDeLisle

Answer by KristaDeLisle at 12:01 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• if these meds are dangerous and you think yuo concieved yuo need to get a blood test ASAP they are much more sensitive to the HCG hormone adn can detect it literally days after conception. Call your doc soon. thats a lot of meds to take while waiting to be able to take an at home test
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 12:37 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I got a positive result 10 days after conceiving; it truly depends on where your egg is at at the time; how quickly it attaches itself to the uterus, and how high your HCG count is. Technically at 2 weeks following conception; it is consider 4 weeks pregnant (why they include the two weeks from the start of your last period I have yet to figure out...) The easiest way to find out is to have an HCG blood screen by a an OBGYN; so if medications are an issue they can either change what you are taking to a different one, or suggest not taking any at all... GL!
    leoangel

Answer by leoangel at 1:46 AM on Nov. 9, 2008