How do I tell my mom I'm pregnant with out her bitching at me?

I have my own home, I have the money this the new baby, I'm already a great parent to one kid, I'm married and he is a fantastic husband and dad, etc. Me being pregnant doesn't effect her at all, but I know my mom and OMFG she will bitch the hell out of me when I tell her. She doesn't do it for any real reason, but she always want to bitch and nag about everything I do. So how can I tell her and when should I tell her so that the bitching won't be as bad.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:25 AM on Dec. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I would just give her a card with an ultra sound pic or something!

Make her fully aware that you are HAPPY about this pregnancy and if she starts to be negative tell her that you will not listen to her negativity. When she starts being positive again pay attention to her and not a minute before. :)
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 3:45 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Don't tell her and when she does find out and questions you about it, tell her you didn't tell her because you didn't want to hear her bitch and walk away or hang up the phone if she starts.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 2:26 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• There probably isn't a way, unless you write it to her in a letter but then she'll get after you for telling her in a letter and not in person. I would explain, in a letter, the reason for writing it to her in a letter. Naggers are NO fun at all, sorry! GL though!
    Averylee85

Answer by Averylee85 at 2:28 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• You could say, "Mom I have some good news and some bad news. The good news is you're going to be a grandma, the bad news is I'm pregnant."

Or, as I suggested to someone else, get a card that says, "Merry Christmas Grandma" on it, give it to her, and see how long it takes for it to sink in.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:45 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Crud, I usually read the extra stuff on the question, and for this one I didn't. Go with the first one I suggested but add the word again after grandma LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:46 AM on Dec. 20, 2010