Woke up to a million ants on my kitchen counter. Need a nontoxic way(if possible) to get rid of them?? HELP!!

I have a cat but she doesn't get up on the counters. I still don't want to spray too much toxic spray. Is there any other ways to get rid of them that is pet friendly??? The cold outside is bringing them in-it isn't suppossed to be this cold in FL.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:36 AM on Dec. 20, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Sprinkle cinnamon around your sinks and such. The cinnamon smells good but is hot to the ants. They walk through it and take it back to the rest of the ants. When they eat it, they die!
    gatorswife

Answer by gatorswife at 10:18 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• The immediate solution to kil them is vinegar. You can also sprinkle pepper around where it cant be seen cause they wont cross it.
    megamamaw

Answer by megamamaw at 2:45 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Look online and Google it is your best option. I really don't know because I've never had ants. I did however have fleas because of the ppl who lived here before me. I sprinkled Borax and let it sit several hours then vacuumed it. Worked like a charm. Apparently from what I'm told, it makes them sterile. And it costs about $3 or $4 at Walmart or Target. No harm, just soap.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:41 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Lemon Juice is a good one. Another is Cinnamon. Baby powder has been said to turn them away. The best one I've heard of is to set out a little Cream of Wheat (just the dry stuff). They will take it back, eat it, and it expands in their stomachs and kills them.
    ruthie11617

Answer by ruthie11617 at 4:41 AM on Dec. 20, 2010