How can I stop thinking so much?

Anybody have a tip or two for me how to relax my mind and stop thinking and analizing everything? Whatever is happening around me, with me, to me, whatever I decide ... I always end up thinking "It's me." Like ... it's my fault. I done it. I caused it. I've got to solve it (on my own). And -okay- every now and again, there's a tiny "Well done, me." in there. But that doesn't happen very often.
I know it's called "internalizing". And I'm having a very tough time getting rid of it. Letting go of negative thoughts. I don't want to become a self-centered, resentful, old cow one day, but sometimes I think to myself "Maybe this is who I really am?"
Has anybody else this struggle going on? Taking all emotions to the extreme? I feel such a freakazoid sometimes.

BeachMom81

Asked by BeachMom81 at 2:44 AM on Dec. 20, 2010 in Health

• Sounds like you need to reprogram your mental tapes, those thoughts that get replayed over and over again. But yeah, your not alone in this. Search out 'mental tapes.' But the short of it is, you need to double check those phrases for truthfulness. If they are lies, you have to counteract with truth. But much negativity is lies and fears that try to overwhelm you, you have to develop a positive side and positive phrases to counter each negative one.

But seriously try meditation. Not just once, or once a week but everyday for a full six months. At first you won't notice anything. In fact your mind might race a little harder, but don't let that bother you. Just notice the thoughts as they flow and don't focus on them. You are not your thoughts. ;) After a while you can focus on your breathing and on your body. In time your mind will quite down but you have to keep at it to reach that point.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 10:06 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Try meditating. I've heard it can work wonders with things like this.
    Averylee85

Answer by Averylee85 at 2:45 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• do some work.Get physically active, ur mind will automatically stop thinking futile things
    A11

Answer by A11 at 3:16 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Read when I am upset or mad it helps me to read. I recommend, James Patterson, Dianna Gabaldon, or Dean Koontz they are great reads. It even relaxes me enough to sleep.
    moduinne

Answer by moduinne at 3:22 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• readingyeah dean-koontz WILL definitely get your mind off things ! u should look into buying/ordering some of his books, he won't let u down.

maya123

Answer by maya123 at 3:45 AM on Dec. 20, 2010