If you don't send christmas cards, would you get some yourself?

The last couple of years I send them really early (1st week of december), so that I would get lots and lots myself ... Yeah, I made them feel guilty. lol BUT this year I was really late and guess what .... instead of 20 cards we received 4 so far. So, actually it's a phony thing, isn't it? Still nice to get them and hang them all up. And every now and again, there's a nice one with a personal message in between.

BeachMom81

Asked by BeachMom81 at 2:55 AM on Dec. 20, 2010 in Holidays

• I send them because I want to say hello at the holidays. I don't care if I get any in return. I had to cut back this year because my husband is out of work. But I did send newsy emails explaining the situation and have received some wonderful replies. Plus we have received about 20 cards so far.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:37 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I have sent out usually right after Thansgiving is over over 50 and I would always get around 20 back this year I made out 12 I have gotten 4 and I think if they can't think of me any other time of year other then Christmas they are not worth my time
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:26 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I sent out over 20 cards, and have only received one so... I have been sending cards to the same people for about 4 years and have never gotten cards back. It really sucks
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 2:58 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Why do you still do it them? Friendship is not a one way street.
    BeachMom81

Comment by BeachMom81 (original poster) at 3:00 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• i sent out 36 and recieved 8 back, between my family and my husbands i try not to forget people, family is so important and when you are distant its a nice little reminder that you are being thought about at suuch a big time of the year, especially when i stopped driving to my grandmas for the 2nd time in my 28 years of life, so sometimes i take it personal but i am quick forgiver.
    emleejanedom

Answer by emleejanedom at 3:29 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Usually I don't and I get a few from my husbands family. This year I sent some out mostly to the people we're closest too and I got cards from mostly the same people I always get cards from.
    JadeRDragosani

Answer by JadeRDragosani at 7:04 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• i sent ecards to everyone with a computer,and the ones without a computer got a christmas card in the mail....
    SMALLfry05

Answer by SMALLfry05 at 10:44 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Well I did not do them this year. But I will again next year. I love to get them.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 11:01 PM on Dec. 20, 2010