WOULD YOU LET YOUR 15 YEAR OLD GET A JOB

19angie74

Asked by 19angie74 at 2:59 AM on Dec. 20, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• If he was responsible and a good student I would, but if started getting in the way he would have to quit.
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 3:01 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Yes. I had a job at 15. I was able to buy my own first car. I learned about responsibility and earning what I got, instead of expecting my parents to give me what I wanted.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:26 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• its good to let him know what responsabilty is and let him lean how to use his salary , but still need that u assist him to not lose his studies cause of the money that he'll gain

Good luck to him
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 3:28 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I also had a job when I was 15 so I think I probably would let my child
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 6:14 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• We let them get jobs once we saw their grades were good. Our oldest got a job sooner and our youngest had to work on his grades a little bit more. If their grades went down after getting a job they had to quit. (that never happened)
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:34 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• If he/she was doing something with their time that was pointless.. as in getting mixed in with the wrong crowd, experimenting with drinking and/or drugs, sleeping the day away, do nothing but play video games ALL the time.. then yes i'd let them (or urge them rather) to get a little part time job doing something productive. If it affects school then NO definitely not.. but over the summer you better believe it.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 9:24 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Yes, my 15 yr old had to get a job to help me with the bills bc his sorry dad wouldn't pay child support. The son is grown now and a very responsible person. Don't get me wrong, he's not perfect, just responsible!

Answer by admckenzie at 9:54 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Yes, I think it's good for them
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 10:27 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• As long as grades aren't compromised, then sure.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:52 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• if it didnt make his grades go down, then yes i would let him if he wanted to
    mistik75

Answer by mistik75 at 12:41 PM on Dec. 20, 2010