Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Poison oak on my nipple???

I am breastfeeding and at first thought my nipple just had a crack on it, but now it is oozing what looks like poison oak and it looks like poison oak, and itches too. Has anyone had this? Is there anyway to get rid of it that won't harm my baby, and is it okay to keep on breastfeeding?

 
Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:23 PM on Jul. 6, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

This question is closed.
Answers (3)
  • it could thrush, i was reading if the baby has thrush it can go into ur nipple, and u have to take a prescription to get ride of it.
    angelairelan

    Answer by angelairelan at 6:33 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

  • How did you get poison oak on your nipple? You would've had to rub your nipple on a poison oak leaf or touched the leaf and then touched your nipple.

    I wouldn't nurse with that nipple until you get it cleared up. Talk to your doctor about things you can do. There are certain soaps that will help. Also oatmeal will help too. Be sure to pump milk from the breast or your supply will run low while you're not nursing from that side.
    amethystrse

    Answer by amethystrse at 3:34 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

  • girl go to the doctor! duh!
    MOMMY2BNOV21

    Answer by MOMMY2BNOV21 at 12:17 AM on Jul. 7, 2008