Habit of stretching to the point it physically hurts me when I don't feel good?

I have tried to look this up but I can not find anything on it. Everytime I feel uncomfortable or am not feeling good I for some reason unconciously begin to stretch every part of my body to the point I am painfully sore for days afterwards which only causes me to stretch more. I am running a fever now and I am doing it again and its only making it worse. I can't stop I have tried and when I focus on one part of my body to stop the other starts. Please if anyone has any suggestions let me know or if you can find any info on it. thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:34 AM on Dec. 20, 2010 in Health

• Have you talked to a therapist? Maybe there are underlying issues here that you're not acknowledging? If you know logically this isn't safe, yet you're continuing to do it, that's an issue. Do you have any self image issues? Do you try to hurt yourself in other physical ways when you're dealing with emotional pain? I hope you're able to work through this! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:40 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I haven't heard anything like this before. Do you have some type of OCD regarding the stretching? I'm not trying to be negative in any way, it's the only thing I can think of, sorry, girl. GL I hope you find what you're looking for.
    Averylee85

Answer by Averylee85 at 3:41 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• no I do not have a self image issue. I have never done or even think to do anything to purposefully harmful to myself. When I stretch I feel like I can not control it. So I guess you can say its uncontrolable and when I try to make myself stop stretching I begin shaking uncontrollably. This is only when I am sick or in alot of pain but if I am not either I do not have that problem normally. I don't think I am ocd I can't keep my house clean all the time.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:47 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Definitely talk to a doctor. Could it maybe be a form of OCD?
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 10:38 AM on Dec. 20, 2010