do u

cook ur baby's food in microwave

A11

Asked by A11 at 3:39 AM on Dec. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I always have (except breast milk, of course). Why not, as long as you stir it well before serving?
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:41 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• No because its the easiest way for the baby to get burned, even when the food feels cold on the outside sometimes the inside is burning hot, and also it could get bpa into the food, for me its just not worth it.
    gou18

Answer by gou18 at 3:43 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Nope. She is still strictly on formula and surprisingly enough, she likes it cold. LOL It's sure been convenient for me!
    Averylee85

Answer by Averylee85 at 3:49 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I don't microwave anything for the entire family unless it is in glass or ceramic. There's other things besides BPA in plastic that are bad for you. Honestly, I'm thinking about doing away with the microwave altogether in the coming year. going to be all oven and crock pot!
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:56 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• i usually try not to, it zaps all the nutrients out of the food, same with boiling things for too long, steaming is better, or stove top, but there are always those matters of conveinience, we live in a world where we have these things so easily accesible, there is nothing wrong with using one but if you can or if you have the time i would suggest not using it when you can
    emleejanedom

Answer by emleejanedom at 4:12 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• my friend does
    san78

Answer by san78 at 5:21 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• when she was on baby food i tried not to i had a baby food warmer and i did the same with the bottle. but the daycare and my mom use to it i am sure. but alot of times i don;t even think i heated it. i wold always have soemthing warm for her that i made and then i would just stir it together. she never complained. i don;t use the microwave that much for her. i try to use hte oven and toaster oven.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 7:18 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• My NB isn't on solids yet but when he is I will nook it a bit. I have a baby food warmer I'm going to use.If I don't like it I will use the microwave. I used a microwave w/ my other two.
    horsesteelers

Answer by horsesteelers at 10:36 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• All the time just make sure you stir it really well and then taste it yourself to make sure you don't have really hot spots.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 10:38 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I made his baby food and steamed it on the stove. When it was time to serve, I always served it room temp.
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 12:45 PM on Dec. 20, 2010