would u take in your in laws to live with u and your so when/if they get too old to take care of themselves?

have u had that discussion with your so?

maya123

Asked by maya123 at 4:19 AM on Dec. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• Had the discussion already and we will either take them into our home or make sure that we live close enough to visit/take care every day and arrange for in-home nursing for when we are not there. We've got a little edge on things though, since I'm a CNA and have plenty of experience with doing just that sort of thing. Would do the same for my own parents if I lived closer (we're 700 miles apart).
    ruthie11617

Answer by ruthie11617 at 4:31 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• no she does not want to move where we live and no one would really be here to take care of them
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:49 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• We always said we would but have not had to. They sold their homes and now live in senior rental apartments and they have tons of activities to take part in. They were savers so they have the resources now to still be independent at ages 86 and 90.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:23 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• no, my dad lived with us the last month of his life and we said we would never do that again. we will place them somewhere near so we can visit, but if it comes to a time where they cant live alone neither one of us are really qualified to help. i would rather have them somewhere that has nurses and such to take care of them, plus right now we have 4 kids so we dont have room for anyone else.
    tiffanyv123

Answer by tiffanyv123 at 8:02 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• yes and i would do the same for my parents as well
    mistik75

Answer by mistik75 at 8:13 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Yes, we would take them but I doubt either of them would ever do it. They've both made arrangements to be placed in homes, when/if the need arises. I find it sad, but will respect their wishes.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 8:19 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Yes, I have worked in a nursing home and see how some workers treat them. I am sure there are those few like that everywhere you go. I will try my best to keep that from happeing to them.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 10:23 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Yes I would I feel like its our job to take care of them and make sure they are happy when they no longer can themselves. Plus I love my in laws more than my own family most of the time.
    bellsandheels

Answer by bellsandheels at 10:33 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• yes we have already talked about this and we agreed no matter his parents or mine we would take them in. they took care of us as children so we feel it's only right to do the same for them.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 11:08 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• well my sil said she'd take them but if something came up, dh and i would...and with my parent's we'll take them b/c my brother is a douche and my sister left the state
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:11 AM on Dec. 20, 2010