ITS MID NIGHT MY DS WAS ALEEP. BUT HE WKE UP 20 MIN. AGO GOT FROSTING OUT OF THE FRIDGE AND I

FIND him
in his room eating the frosting. the first thing he said to me is mommy IM SCARED OF THE MONSTERS ,
I put frosting awy.
AND I SAID U ASK MOMMY FOR FROSTING.
'
frosting is tired its night night time FOR THE FROSTING
and put on one of his comforting shows IN HIS ROOM.
do u do time out out at midnight . and im nt for spanking/ he is just turned 3 btw

how would have
u handled this

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:21 AM on Dec. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• I think you did good, he sounds like such sweet little guy
    gou18

Answer by gou18 at 4:32 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• my kids dont eat frosting and my kids are 4 and 3 and do not have a tv in their room but if it were my kids waking up to eat in the middle of the night, and i may be misunderstanding this but i would tell them its dark outside and now is not the time to eat its time to sleep and would ask if they would like me to rub their back, or lay with them for a little bit. And i shouldnt say they dont eat frosting but they dont just grab frosting from the jar and eat it, they dont even know what it would look like. And i would agree spanking would not be the route for this situation. Everyone has their own of doing things and unique ways of handling situations, long story being cut short haha, if you are comfortable with what you did and you think it was effective then stick with it!
    emleejanedom

Answer by emleejanedom at 4:37 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• HONESTLY i would NEVER buy frosting......with MY own money. the frosting came from a FOOD BOX FORM A CHURCH along with other things. rice penut butter jelly gravy . cake mix
    can i complain
    HELL NO
    it was free BEYOND ANYTHING IM GRATEFUL FOR THE FOOD BOX
    pasta and sauce where in that box. im desperate and that BOX OF RANDOM FOOD MENT ALOT. TO our family. some of things arent heallthy for my ds but it is FOOD
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:51 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I think you handled it fine...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 7:02 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• You did fine. No punishment during the night. hug
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:20 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• You did great - and gave me a warm fuzzy for the morning.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 8:22 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• :)

Does he wake in the night a lot? I think you handled it great! Putting the frosting up and telling him it's night time is a wonderful way to handle it :)

I ask if he wakes a lot at night because my son does and it started around 3ish - he would come out of his room, climb around the kitchen cabinets, etc. Because it became unsafe, I put a baby gate on his door when he went to bed. Also, we began to talk with him about "we stay in bed until the sun wakes up". He's a notorious early riser, putting him to bed later doesn't help him sleep later, so this has been what's worked best overall for us.

Good luck and don't worry about the frosting! I DO purchase frosting when I need to and I'm NOT a bad mother - I've also gotten those much needed food boxes from church and that doesn't mean anything is wrong with your parenting skills, either. Don't sweat it - enjoy those little memories :)
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 9:14 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Way to go mom!
    gatorswife

Answer by gatorswife at 9:16 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I used to do that after taking sleeping pills. GL been there done that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:03 AM on Dec. 21, 2010