What to do about spitting up?

My daughter is 6 months old and still spits up. My son was an excessive spitter too but his seem to go away about 5 months, or at least lessen. Are you kiddos still spitters or have they grown out of it? If the are still spitting up have you discovered anything that helps reduce it?

shanny35

Asked by shanny35 at 12:04 AM on Nov. 9, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• is she on formula?

robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 12:08 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Yeah formula and has been since birth......my doc said it is the flap of tissue between the esophagus and the stomach that is immature and will eventually mature........but I am impatient:)
    shanny35

Answer by shanny35 at 12:11 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• do they have her on sensitive milk or acid reflux milk

robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 12:13 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• my son was never a spitter upper till i went on formula, I'm on my 6th kind and its working, i use nutramigen enfamil and it really seems to work

ldc90

Answer by ldc90 at 12:15 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• it isn't painful for her, and it's she is growing great. I have kept her on the same formula since birth.
    shanny35

Answer by shanny35 at 12:22 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Both my youngest babies were preemies. They both had reflux and my youngest who is a year has severe reflux. My youngest had to be put on meds to prevent the spitting up. He was on Zantac and Reglan for the spitting up. Also what my sons pediatrician said is to keep the diet bland. Since he is 6 months old try introducing foods sloooowly to his diet. He will get all his nutrients from his formula. Now his formula may also be causing problems. I breastfeed my baby and had to supplement with formula. We had to use the Gentlease formula by Enfamil.{purple can} Also they make a Parents Choice Gentleease {Walmart brand} It is the exact formula as the Enfamil brand and is cheaper than the the Enfamil brand. My baby took either brand no problem.
    nyteowl

Answer by nyteowl at 12:24 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• The nice thing about the Gentlease is the formula that has been broken down so the baby can digest it better than the regular formula. You also may want to try a nice bottle of icewater once a day and have your baby drink from that every so often. That will help him break down whatever he has eaten more.
    nyteowl

Answer by nyteowl at 12:25 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• My baby is on nutramigen and it is an amazing difference (but he had a milk allergy) we also burp him every ounce to two ounces. That also helos big and keeping him upright for 20 minutes post feeding as well as trying to feed him in an upright position. Good luck I know the laundry is rough
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 12:31 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• i feel like I have all of these brand new clothes and theyare getting ruined after one use. Now that she is on solids, green and orange are hard colors to get out of it;) Thanks for all the help!
    shanny35

Answer by shanny35 at 12:43 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I would stop the solids. If she is spitting up still then she definitely isn't ready for solid foods. I would suggest trying the Nutrimigen formula or a soy formula...definitely stop the solids though.
    CurvieMomma

Answer by CurvieMomma at 1:35 AM on Nov. 9, 2008