Is it worth it?

To stay and suffer with someone who you feel like is not the person you need them to be, who isn't the man you need them to be, who walks out on you, who ignores you, who when you tell them how you feel and exactly what you need from them, they just get up and abandon you only to try and return later and ignore the issue. Someone who adds no good to your life and who isn't trying to better there's all while you are trying to grow they are content doing nothing to grow as a person in any way shape or form.

I'm tempted to take out a student loan to pay for my rent in the new semester, because my job only covers food and small bills. I want to just leave and see if that will spark some growth from him, or maybe it'll help me realize it's really over.

Should I just go at the new year, should I give him a couple months of my new fed up attitude as a warning, (I feel completely numb) ????

Apart of me wants to just up and leave the first chance I can get.
Another part of me wants to give him the cold should the next few months until our kid is out of school, and then once summer rolls around move away.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:18 AM on Dec. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• You need to do what you think and know in your heart, mind and sole is in the best interest of YOUR CHILDS and YOURS. He sounds to me that he needs to pack his shit and hit the bricks for real. If you have done everything you can possible do to make this relationship work and try to get some where and he is still in the same place he was when you all meant then he needs to leave and you and your child will be better off without him.
    If you want to chat more personal about your situation i think i maybe able to help you more PM me please i am a good listener and i understand what your going though.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 6:27 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Do it now...don't drag it out...you will be happier quicker...I'm so sorry you are going through this
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 6:23 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• It is most certainly not worth it to stay in a relationship if you are unhappy. Since you have a child together and since you've confronted him about your feelings, I would give him a final warning for the upcoming new year. Shape up or I ship out. Give him a time frame you're comfortable with. If he still does not respond, stick with your decision. Hopefully, he will come to his senses before it's too late or you will realize that you're worth more as a person. It will be better in the long run, especially for your child. I grew up in a household with an alcoholic father. My mother stayed with him even though she was abused and it damaged mine and my brother's lives. My brother passed away from AIDS a while ago (I've never quite gotten over it) and recently I had to be hospitalized due to anxiety and depression, something I'm still being treated for. It's a tough decision to make, but one that you shouldn't put off.
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 7:46 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• new year coming up, take that as a new begining and a breath of fresh air. dont let anyone drag you down
    mistik75

Answer by mistik75 at 8:11 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I am in the same boat as you I am thinking of moving it out in January.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 6:23 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Have you told him how unhappy in the relationship you are? If not tell him. Talk to him. Then leave if he does not change..

Answer by louise2 at 7:28 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Only you know what feels right to make you want to leave and truth is, if he hasn't changed up to now, your new attitude isn't going to do it, heck...he may not even notice.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 9:07 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Go on ahead and get out of the relationship so you can be happy again. It makes no sense in staying on in a relationship with a man that's only bringing you down. Your happiness is much more important.

NubianQueen78

Answer by NubianQueen78 at 10:27 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• It sounds to me that you have already made up your mind to leave you just don't know when, if thats the case leave now. There is no sense in living a lie, if you are unhappy, and its obvious that you are, there is no need to make you both miserable.
    bellsandheels

Answer by bellsandheels at 10:31 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• The sooner you get out the better. No one should ever feel like they don't matter just because they think its better if they stay because it's not worth it. In the end the people who really matter suffer and thats the children.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:41 AM on Dec. 20, 2010