Should I have said something?

or just pretend to not notice?

I was taking an evening stroll thru the neighborhood the other night. A movement caught my eye and looked up and noticed a young lady in her bedroom window taking off her sweater then standing in just a bra, walks over to her window and gazes out at the night sky.

Awkward.

Then notices me (I'm bundled up in a big jacket and its dark so she doesn't know I'm a woman probably), crosses her chest with her arms and disappears, I keep walking and a few seconds later a man is standing at their front door watching me from across the way.

I felt a bit offended as I hadn't actually done anything other than walk by when I did. No one asked this teenage girl to stand at an open window in her bra, that was her choice and I never really stopped walking, which is why she noticed me at all. Had I stood still, I would have blended into the darkness and had a good show had I been a guy.

Anyway the man (her Dad i guess) never said anything to me and I just kept walking as tho I didn't see him. Should I have said something?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:30 AM on Dec. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• She was the one with her bra on looking out of the window..that certainly is no fault of yours for walking by.
    tracylyn245

Answer by tracylyn245 at 7:17 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• no, it was okay to keep walking. At that point they were suspicious and if you want maybe in the morning you can ask to talk to the dad and say you were walking by and you noticed this taking place and thought you'd just let them know so the daughter will be a bit more careful about changing in front of the window. Maybe bring one of your kids with you so they can know that your giving motherly advice, as opposed to just some person that was walking
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 6:34 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• 2 different things....If it was a next door neighbor or a neighbor I knew well. I would say something to them.

But if I did not know them or they lived down the street from me I would just keep walking. As long as the Dad did not confront you.

Answer by louise2 at 7:21 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Awkward is right. I dont know if I would've had the guts to say anything or not. If something is said to you, it would be your chance to point out his wife/ dau, was giving the show & should close their curtains at night. And asure them you're not a pervert! :)~
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:52 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I might have said something being she was a teenager. I would have said...."Excuse me sir...I was just walking by here and I hate to tell you this, but as I was walking up by your home, on my evening walk.... if that is your daughter up there, she needs to be aware being we can see her out here and she shouldnt be so close to the window. I was about to yell up to her but I saw you." 

I would not have said she was in her bra.....unless she had taken it off. Some times they are just not aware anyone IS out there. Her father might have also said something, like " what are you doing look UP at my house anyway if you are just walking?"

LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 6:41 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I meant to put...As a parent myself, she needs to be aware.....etc......

Good answer from DominiqueWS
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 6:43 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• no. sometimes silence is the best medicine.
    maya123

Answer by maya123 at 4:27 AM on Dec. 21, 2010