Canceling DHS appointment last minute due to illness?

I have a DHS appointment this morning at 8am. I woke up at 5, and I've been vomiting on and off since I woke up. My appointment is the second the offices open this morning, so I'm not sure if it's okay to cancel last minute like this, or should I just try to suck it up and hope I don't get sick during my appointment?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:41 AM on Dec. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• i would just go!! its around the holidays and it may be bard to get another appt.
    stacy1403

Answer by stacy1403 at 6:53 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Try to go. Take some "sick" bags with you and give it a shot. Hope you feel better soon.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:01 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• try and go
    meandmyboys2000

Answer by meandmyboys2000 at 7:06 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• would try and go...sorry your sick , hope you feel better
    tracylyn245

Answer by tracylyn245 at 7:09 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• what is DHS? and if its important and hard to get the appointment i would say go if you have someone to take you just in case you get sick again. good luck!
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 7:23 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• lambdarose -- DHS is Department of Human Services - depending on the OP's state, there could be any number of reasons she would have an appointment with them :)

I would probably try and make the appointment, if not - just call the second the office opens and say - I'm sorry I'm sick, I can't keep anything down is there any way I can come in later or reschedule another day this week? They know people get sick :)

We had an appointment with our county office once and they let me do it on the phone because I and one of the kids was sick. Now, we're foster parents and see them all the time, so the situations might be completely different :)

Good luck and I hope you feel better soon!!
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 8:55 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• well considering how contagious some of these bugs are....I would be considerate and call them,explain that your sick and reschedule. They should understand and might even reschedule you in a couple of days......
    michaux

Answer by michaux at 9:52 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I'm sure the people who work in the office would be happier if you didn't come in, since you are probably contagious. I would start calling about 15 minutes before they are supposed to open and see if you can get someone to pick up early. Explain your situation and get your appointment rescheduled.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:56 AM on Dec. 20, 2010