For anyone that knows NFP adult content

Because I can't take to hormones in birthcontrol very well, I decided to go with NFP. I messed up though. Since I didn't have a computer the whole entire month, I went over my mom's house to use hers and go to fertility friend so I can see my ovulation date. When my husband and I have sex, we use the withdrawal method and 1 day, I caught a cramp in my leg and couldn't move in time. I found out about 5 days later that was my ovulation day. My basal temperature is still realatively high and I had a reminder that I was starting my period 2 days ago. It hasn't came yet. What is the likely hood that I will be pregnant?

janel09

Asked by janel09 at 6:51 AM on Dec. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• If you've been temping, and you know for sure that you did ovulate that day, then you're pregnant if your temp stays high with no period 3 days past your longest luteal phase (i.e., if your period usually starts by 15 days after ovulation, and you get to day 18 with no period, then you're pregnant). Sounds pretty likely to me. A test at this point should be accurate.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 8:15 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• If you had sex on or around that day then i'd say it is very likely. The point of NFP is to track these things so that you can stray away from sex during your "fertile period", which includes more than one day only. Pulling out isn't a method..remember that =) You had to have know that O day was at least approaching. Also wanted to add that if you have ever used at home ovulation tests, most of them come with a chart inside for you to track everything, in case computer incidents happen again.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 8:16 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• It seems pretty likely - withdrawl is NOT at all a method of birth control... I know several "but we used withdrawl" children :) Several.

Either way - good luck to you :)
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 8:58 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Ok. Even though I knew O day was approaching, it came 4 days earlier than normal. I can't tell what ovulation looks like on a chart and that's why I use fertility friend because it points out the day as soon as it happens.
    janel09

Comment by janel09 (original poster) at 12:31 AM on Dec. 21, 2010