Sweet or very inappropriate?

I was in my jog on the treadmill at the gym. I wear spandex shorts, so it is form fitting, but it allows my body to breathe.

Anyways I was all into it, and a guy is walking past behind me and says "Nice ass" and keeps walking. I didn't stop or say anything or even look his way beyond a glance, just ignored. But it was definitly directed my way.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:35 AM on Dec. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I wouldn't use the word sweet but I think it was an ok thing to say, not the most appropriate, but ok. You're in the gym because you're concerned about your health & appearance. He kept going. He's not trying to hit on you. He's not yelling it in a mall or to impress his friends. It's like commenting on a piece of artwork! You've apparently had at least one child or you wouldn't be on this site. A lot of women on here would probably give their uh left butt cheek (or part of both) for even their husbands to think that. If you feel self-conscious, switch to regular shorts.
    It makes me nostalgic for the days when I used to get "hottie" comments from inappropriate men.
    Verrine

Answer by Verrine at 7:51 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• inappropriate.

i always wear bulky clothes at the gym. I remember one day taking a breather in between work outs. I stopped & looked at all the dudes just STARING at all the women jogging on the treadmill. It made me sick to my stomach. I no longer wear tight fitting clothes to the gym. If i do happen to wear spandex, or any tight work out pants...i throw on a HUGE T-shirt on that pretty much covers everything up including my bum.

Some women love it though. I notice lots of women go to the gym wearing next to nothing & feel pretty good when nasty men stare at them & make gross remarks. They eat it up & come back every day looking for male attention. I personally don't like it. i don't need nasty men checking me out to feel hot. I already know i'm hot.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:49 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I think it was inappropriate. It's also why I prefer a women's only place to work out.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:40 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Yeah, it's a little crude. I mean, I guess it's a compliment but it's disrespectful IMO.
    If I was going to go to a gym (I prefer working out at home or running), I would only join a woman-only gym as well to avoid crap like that.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 7:48 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• To some neanderthals, that passes as a compliment! -LOL You did the best thing by ignoring him. You dont want to encourage any type of interaction w/ someone so crude. (BTW- good for you for working out- send me some of that energy- will ya)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:54 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• it depent on how did YOU feel abt it ;) the rest dznt matter .. if its real it's real .. some woman are payin huge money to hv plastic ass lolll SO enjoy weering ur shorts :D and be ur self
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 8:23 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Inappropriate, crude, and definitely not "sweet".
    Gaccck

Answer by Gaccck at 8:59 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• It isn't appropriate- that being said- I would pay some serious money to have a butt that people other than my hubby thought was nice, (I know he's the most important but you know, I used to be hot before my son lol)
    lovemylilman06

Answer by lovemylilman06 at 9:07 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• It wasn't the most appropriate thing to say, but it's not that serious. It's not like he smacked your ass or anything.
    Mamma2E

Answer by Mamma2E at 9:04 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• That would totally piss me off..that guy is the reason I stopped going to gyms!!
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 9:13 AM on Dec. 20, 2010