How long did it take you to get your period after having a baby?

My son is 9 1/2 weeks old. I have not had my period yet. Am not on any kind of birth controll but condoms. Once we had unprotected sex but did not finish, if you know what I mean. That was, I guess, 3 weeks ago. Should I be freaking out?

VonneMomme

Asked by VonneMomme at 3:27 PM on Jul. 6, 2008 in About CafeMom

• I had a baby April 26 and am just now having my first period (over 10 weeks later)! If you're worried take a pregnancy test to be sure. It is possible that you could be prego! Talk to your dr about birth control options if that is not in your current plans!
    Teacher_Momma

Answer by Teacher_Momma at 3:34 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• Are you breastfeeding? Some breastfeeding mothers do not re-establish their period until they have stopped breastfeeding. If you are not BF'ing I am not sure how long it stays away but I doubt if it is anything to worry about just yet. Take a preggo test if you want additional reassurance.
    MaddsMom728

Answer by MaddsMom728 at 4:33 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• 3 months and it was a bad one.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 12:04 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• if you are breast feeding it could take up to 8 months . if you are not breast feeding you might want to get checked because any thing is possible.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on Jul. 7, 2008