Why are my arm pits sooo itchy?!?!?!

It probably started 6 months ago or so....i figured it was the dove deoderant i was using so i finally used up everything i had and got some new secret stuff. I have also tried 3 different shavers...each time getting more expensive....and they are STILL itchy!!! Im not sure what else to do??

mommyofone15

Asked by mommyofone15 at 8:20 AM on Dec. 20, 2010 in Health

• I have the same problem, and I think it has to do with putting any kind of deodorant on immediately after shaving. I've found if I shave at night and don't put on deodorant until morning, the itching isn't as bad.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:22 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I dont put deoderant on right after shaving...i Know that would make it worse. Its not horrible itching and not all the time but enough! I think it is alittle better since i switched deoderant....but im just curious to why its soo irritated...hmmm
    mommyofone15

Comment by mommyofone15 (original poster) at 8:31 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Have you tried one that helps reduce how much you have to shave?
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:35 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• maybe your skin is dry.... try putting lotion on there
    mistik75

Answer by mistik75 at 8:36 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I use deodorant for sensitive skin and use moiturizing lotion. It might be a help.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:43 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Switch to a deodorant without fragrance, one for sensitive skin. Sometimes antiperspirants cause reactions. I'd study the ingredients list and try different products.

Answer by Bmat at 9:05 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Get Toms natural deodorant..Secret is full of nasty chemicals that none of us should be exposing our skin to imo!!
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 9:16 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I use Tom's deodorant. It doesn't have aluminum or other junk in it. Maybe that's what's causing the problem.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 10:33 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I have this problem sometimes and destin (like you use on baby diaper rash) works really well. I've heard that you have to change deorants often.
    lmt_mom2010

Answer by lmt_mom2010 at 6:12 PM on Dec. 20, 2010