Have you ever secrectly opened an envelope (someone's mail) with steam?

I've never heard of that. My mom said it's the oldest trick in the book!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:45 AM on Dec. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• NO, worried about the post office police. LOL
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 8:48 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• If it comes to my house, it goes back in the box labeld RTS
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:50 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• No i put it back in the post box if its not ours. I have opened by accident cuz I didn't look first. If its junk mail I'll assume they didn't want it and toss it. I know I shouldn't
    Mandz1

Answer by Mandz1 at 8:54 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Nope. I know it can be done, but I've never done it.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:58 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• No, I'd be afraid that I couldn't get it back the way it was.....er I mean it would be the wrong thing to do, yeah.

Answer by Bmat at 9:02 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• No.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 9:08 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• nop ever .... but i'v heard abt it while i was 13 yrs old it was a friend of me who wanted to open a letter came from school lollll
    now im 30 yrs old and i never hv chance to try it ;)
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 9:14 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• No, but if we get a bill from a doctor or a loan collection agency (we have gotten both in the last few months) for someone else, I will call that office and let them know they are sending the items to the wrong house instead of just marking them return to sender. It works must faster in eliminating the extra junk mail we get.

For the steam envelope trick - we actually did this as part of a mysteries theme unit and it was fun.  The challenge was to remove the letter from the envelope, make a copy and return it without any visible effects on the envelope, it took a few times, but then one of the girls remembered the Flintstones episode where Wilma steamed open a letter.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:16 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• If it comes to my house and it's not mine, it goes back RTS but your mom is right, it is the oldest trick in the book.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 9:17 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Yep, my XH. I was trying to figure out if he was cheating or getting money that I would end up having to pay back.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:35 AM on Dec. 20, 2010