Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

UTI question..

if i go to a regular check up and they tell me i have a uti do they have to give me a pap after or they start me on the medication just curious???please help

Answer Question

Asked by mzfantasy at 3:28 PM on Jul. 6, 2008 in Pregnancy

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (9)
  • I don't know about having you get a pap done but they will probably prescribe you medication. You should also drink cranberry juice or take cranberry pills to flush the infection out.

    Answer by amethystrse at 3:30 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

  • ok thanxxx

    Answer by mzfantasy at 3:40 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

  • I am a pro at this topic...ugh! A pap is not given after a UTI has been diagnosed but your doc will prescribe an antibiotic and a urinary analgesic depending on your discomfort. Drink plenty of water and cranberry juice and if you have symptoms of a UTI now and cannot get to the doc immidiately go to the local drug store and buy Azo or the generic version of this. This will ease the symptoms until you can get to the doc.

    Answer by MaddsMom728 at 4:30 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

  • I can't see the need for a pap just over a UTI. You can just pee in a cup and get the results for that. No internal exam is required. If I am hurting from a UTI I doubt if I'd want someone's hand or instrument inside me anyway. You can always refuse a pelvic exam, too.

    Answer by admckenzie at 4:32 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

  • If your talking about track infection... Then they will just give you amoxacillion .. How ever you spell it!

    Answer by smtngirl at 5:38 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

  • well i had one and didn't realize that was was going on for two weeks and i didn't have a burning peeing feeling i had pain in the right groin area that i though was ovulation pains. it got so bad that it spread to my kidneys and inflame my appendix.they most like will give you two sets of pills one is a dark brown color that will make your urine a orange color and the other is a yellow and dark green color. you have to have food on your stomach when you take the meds good luck and please drink water

    Answer by momwa6 at 6:36 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

  • no pelvic exam just medication and your on your way. If you dont get it treated it can spread to your kidneys and youll get a kidney infection that hurts like reallllly bad!

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:13 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

  • A UTI is in your urinary tract, not your vagina... so you won't need a pap. They'll test your pee for the infection, then prescribe you some antibiotics. Piece of cake!

    Answer by crazysocks830 at 11:53 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

  • yeah its a peice of cake but it hurts like a capital B

    Answer by leapyear at 11:59 PM on Aug. 14, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.