What if you the "End" Came....

and you found out it was a different religion that was "right", but God didn't care, He just wanted you to now accept Him. Would you stick with your original beliefs, or join the religion you had previously viewed as different, or even wrong? What if it had different morals than you, such as allowing/not allowing homosexuality, women priests, abortions, etc?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Nov. 9, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• It would be hard for me because I would have such a hard time with resolving that conflict in my mind. If I knew, beyond the shadow of a doubt that it was the truth, I would embrace it. I may not do what was now ok that wasn't in my current religion but I would have to yield to the higher power and certainly not condemn what others were doing when they were given the freedom to do it. I would have some difficulty with the higher power if what was permitted went against my nature. I would still be human afterall.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 8:47 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• That's not the God of the Bible. I have a relationship with Him, and He does not change. (Malachi 3:6) If that happened that would be a "false Christ", and I'd continue the way I'm going with earnest!
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 1:04 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• "Religion" has nothing to do with it. There is no certain religion that is right. What is right is God. Jesus is the truth. As long as we follow him we have nothing to worry about in the end.
    TiffanyLove18

Answer by TiffanyLove18 at 1:20 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Well, if the proof was right there in front of me that I was wrong -- So be it. I guess that's the joy of being Agnostic, I've already admitted I have no idea who is right. *laugh*

Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 1:56 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• If the Atheist is wrong, they will be proven right simply by the existence of a life after death - as would a person of any other religion facing the 'deity' of another choice. Seeing is believing. So regardless of previous belief, the burden of proof has been satisfied. Easy choice. You get to go on being you for eternity -which really isn't all that far off from you being you now since an afterlife without a core self to attach it to would be the same thing as the believer feared in the first place. Not existing.
    Kestrel1

Answer by Kestrel1 at 2:12 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I like to believe that God is not the vengeful egotistical maniac that some people make him out to be. I like to believe that he is the loving and compassionate God that some believe he is. If so, it won't matter what religion you believe and you won't be forced to convert or go to hell.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:19 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I believe what the Bible says..it doesnt change. So no one could convince me of what I believe now unless they can back it up with the Bible.
    atpeace316

Answer by atpeace316 at 4:48 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• All paths lead up the same mountain. Religion is just a tool .

FishingMama

Answer by FishingMama at 11:36 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• There can logically be only ONE TRUTH. I'm on that path with Jesus Christ.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on Nov. 10, 2008