Just how much spying are they doing on us?

This is an excellent article, a bit long but you can get a good feel for the facts by reading the first page. After 9/11 and the patriot act we heard this and that would happen and a certain sector denied it. Not only did it happen is is still happening and gaining strength under the Obama administration. Is it all really necessary and just how far will this go?

Link text

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 9:14 AM on Dec. 20, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• yeah who knows really, probably more or less than people assume.
    Mandz1

Answer by Mandz1 at 9:49 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• More then we know but I bet hey fall asleep watchin me.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 10:27 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Yes, it is necessary, to a point.  The problem is the same one I mentioned in the Q aobut the UN regulating the net - the blessing and the curse of politics is that it's populated with technoidiots.  They need a focused program collecting and analyzing data.  Instead, we have this:

http://www.goozex.com/community/cfs-filesystemfile.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Discussions.Components.Files/64/0028.desperation_5F00_452x361.jpg

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:36 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Astraea_79

Answer by Astraea_79 at 10:41 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Can anyone think of a time when the general public did NOT feel that the government was spying on them? Reasons include terrorist threats, Japanese spies, Russian spies, North/South spies, English spies ... pretty sure the list could go on.

I have very little doubt that they do keep tabs, especially now in the internet age, but I am still just as opinionated and out there as I am in real life and until the repeal the First Amendment, I will stay that way. Probably still be this way even if they do take it away.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 11:59 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• they can track us thru satellites now, anyone with a cell phone can be pin pointed .... gps units are everywhere these days.
    mistik75

Answer by mistik75 at 12:34 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Does 1984 ring a bell?
    goodwitch399

Answer by goodwitch399 at 1:42 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I was thinking "Fahrenheit 451", I am old, lol…
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 8:53 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• A lot more than they will let us know about.
    sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 10:13 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Big Brother is ALWAYS watching!
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 10:14 PM on Dec. 20, 2010