has your self esteem effected your sex life? adult content

I use to be really out going before I had my son. My husband was surprised last night when I told him I wanted to keep my shirt on, and then I called myself disgusting. I bounced back pretty well after my baby. I just don't know why I'm feeling so bad about myself.

lovingedward

Asked by lovingedward at 9:38 AM on Dec. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• I am having the opposite with my body. My XH told me that he was really grossed out by my belly at 5 months PP. so, I didn't want to have sex. My SO loves my body, jiggly parts and all...he can't get enough.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:41 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I have stretch marks BAD on my boobs and butt from having a baby. They have faded but they still look weird. I'm pretty self conscious about them, but it's getting better.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 9:42 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Go to a counsellor and talk to him or her. Probably you need someone to talk to, who will help go back onto your way after the pregnancy. It is common thing that women feel different after the pregnancy. Go to a gym or start to swim or do something that make you feel excellent in your body. If you don't want to go out of the house than a rowing machine is the perfect to get your shape back on track:)

adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 9:47 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I'd just work on it and keep you chin up.
    your husband probably hasn't noticed a difference.
    BTW- the word in this case is affect not effect.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• try coca butter cream,,its cheap comes in a jar...i dont fell all the great about myself sometimes either,,but when ur feeling down,mabe buy ur self some facial stuff to do at home,or buy ur self new shoes..whatever it be,,getting urself something does make u feel a little better.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 9:55 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• my husband hasn't noticed anything. he's really sweet about it i just have a tendency to be very hard on myself.
    lovingedward

Comment by lovingedward (original poster) at 9:58 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I think everyone is their own worst critic. Just work on the areas that bother you and remember your husband loves you no matter what.
    You just had a baby you're not supposed to look like a super model.
    bellsandheels

Answer by bellsandheels at 10:04 AM on Dec. 20, 2010