How long did your "epidural headache" last if you had one...??

Ughh these things are terrible! :( I had my baby girl on Wednesday (12-15-10) and I have had these terrible headaches since then, The nurse at the hospital told me that it was from the epidural..I never had anything like this after having my son...

CarolinaMom2006

Asked by CarolinaMom2006 at 9:42 AM on Dec. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had THREE epidurals where the first one numbed half, the second one was GREAT but the nurse tech accidentally pulled it out putting me on the OR table, the third only worked on one side at the end..OUCH. I never got a head ache though, just a sore spot for 9 months.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 9:45 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I had a headache from my epidural. It was1 long, constant headache and lasted 7 days straight! (It was pure hell as there was NO way to get any relief). The only way I got rid of it was to go back to the hospital and have them do a blood patch.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:48 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I had a nasty headache after my second child for the same reason. Mine lasted on and off for about two years but wouldn't be so bad when I laid down flat (with no pillow). Sort of hard to do with two kids though!

Answer by admckenzie at 9:49 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I had one too, I was miserable. I can't remember how long it last though. And I was in the same boat as Misteh, 3 epidurals, first took then wore off, second never took, third took just as my son was crowning.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 10:00 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• thanks ladies :) yeah, they told me that i could get the blood patch that day after having her because the headaches were terrible, but i didn't like the way the blood patch sounded...so i turned it down and just said i would deal with the headaches...but now since i have been home from the hospital, they are worse! i went to the ER lastnight with them, and they prescribed me some pain pills that actually work & knock me out...lol
    CarolinaMom2006

Comment by CarolinaMom2006 (original poster) at 10:10 AM on Dec. 20, 2010