If you have had breast implants can you still breast feed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Dec. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i don't know from experience because I have not but I do have friends who do and yep, they did!
    HeartsCombined

Answer by HeartsCombined at 10:10 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Yes. I know someone who EBF 2 with implants.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:22 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Ask a lactation consultant, your OBGYN, and/or the doc who did your implants - but yes, in general it is possible.
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 10:35 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• As long as the ducts were not cut in the surgery, yes. So talk to your surgeon about what was done.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:27 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Yes but it does depend on how the surgery was performed.

mama_l

Answer by mama_l at 3:23 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• It very much depends on the procedure used, but it's very possible. I failed at breastfeeding (flat/inverted nipples + baby had a bad latch) but I managed to produce milk and pump for my daughter for just over a year. I have more knowledge now and plan on trying to breastfeed again with our next child.
    Cassidhes_Mom

Answer by Cassidhes_Mom at 3:54 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• It depends on the procedure you used. A through-the-nipple implant often means that you can't breastfeed because the "pipes" between the milk ducts and your nipple were cut. But with some other methods - like under the breast, armpit, and belly button, it is often possible.
    Holly.

Answer by Holly. at 9:02 PM on Dec. 20, 2010