Anyone who is divorced, did your husband come right out and tell you?

We are having problems. He told me 2 weeks ago that he isn't happy because of my bitchy attitude. I have done a 360 since then. He is right to an extent. But now he is coming home late, not eating dinner, and is sleeping on the couch. I asked him if he wanted a divorce and he will not answer. I asked him Sat night if he is willing to work things out and he said he isn't ready to answer that. What should I do? We have a 2 year old daughter. He went out yest to watch football, left at 12:30 and walked in at 9 p.m. Way passed her bedtime.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on Dec. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• I think it took him a long time to finally tell you he was sick of your crap and it's going to take a long time to get him to "check back in." I doubt he's cheating. He's probably just happy to be away from you.
    Keep up the good attitude. Ask him if he'd consider hanging out and going on a date with you soon. Do everything in your power to show him that it can be better and that he doesn't need to hide from you anymore.

Good luck and keep trying!
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 10:39 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• you can do one of two things leave it alone and let him work though it himself or you can see if he is willing to go to some kind of counseling/therapy with you........
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 10:11 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• he may have checked out already
    does your gut say he is seeing another woman?

keep letting him know you are willing to work on relationship, yet give him a bit of space
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:15 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I think he's cheating. I'm there now, would have never guessed it but don't fool yourself. Men are a**holes.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I see my vote down stalker are in force today...I LOVE IT!
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 10:21 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Yeah... It sounds to me like your marriage is really in trouble. It depends---how bad do you want to save it ???... Or, do you think it's worth saving ???... You have to decide that with some serious talking to him...
    IndigoRose

Answer by IndigoRose at 10:20 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I kicked my husband out and was straightforward about it. I told him it was over and I didn't want to be with him any longer.

Maybe he needs time to think. But honestly if he hasn't come out and said anything yet, then you need to get more proactive. Either tell him to pack his shit and get out or tell him things will be worked out before bedtime tonight. Stay up as late as you have to and get everything out in the open.

Personally, I would wonder what is eating at him other than the attitude. Is he doing something he shouldn't and is simply trying to point the finger of blame at you?
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 10:34 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• my first husband and I made it a mutual agreement to get a divorce...we got along very well during the process and I even drove us both to the hearings. Anyways it sounds like he just needs his space and he will talk when he feels ready just don't push it.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 10:09 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Sounds like he may have someone else on the side and wants to see if that is "solid" before he tosses his "sure thing (you)" off to the side. Don't give him the option or credit to be able to pick one women over the other, especially if one of the women is his wife. You need to make the decision for you.

Oh and BTW...if you did a 360 then your back in the same place you were before. You need to do a 180 in order to be the opposite of what you were.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 10:16 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Keep up the good attitude and see about some alone time, like a date night.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 11:46 AM on Dec. 20, 2010