What do I do if a buyer on ebay bought my item and literally the next day after he paid me put his payment on hold?

Through paypal. Now it is interfering with my other transactions when I tried to pay for other items I bought it tried to draw it out of my bank because he has his payment on hold. Can they put their payment on hold like that and get away with it? I thought you could only do that if a seller doesn't send the item within a certain time. It's only been a day! Now my other transactions are uncleared and it won't let me pay for MY items I bought because HE put his payment on hold.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:03 AM on Nov. 9, 2008 in Money & Work

• BTW should I trust buyers like this? I mean when I send the item can he still leave it on hold? I do use signature confirmation to verify that the people do recieve their items. Will that be enough proof just in case he tries something?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:06 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I would not sell him the item and give his money back and give him negative feedback with a prefessional reasoning as to why you gave the Negative feedback. Then contact Ebay.
    nyteowl

Answer by nyteowl at 1:25 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• yes i agree i would not sell him the item either and definatly contact ebay so that this person may not continue to cause future problems and potentially be a disaater for ebay.
    womenofgod

Answer by womenofgod at 1:59 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I don't believe you can leave negative feedback as a seller, but you can cancel the transaction. Claim that the item is not available. I would also contact Paypal. They are usually good about responding.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 8:55 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Well I could give him neutral atleast and explain what he did on the feedback
    Anonymous

• When I get paid via Paypal, I immediately draw it out. Therefore, they can't do this.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 12:04 PM on Nov. 9, 2008