CURIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!

i have a question r there signs that u r in labor even if u don't have any pains...or really serious pains,this is my first baby and i just made 39 weeks and 1 day since it's 12:06 now, i'm due on the 15th so i wanna if i've been in labor and not even have known it.......

babygirl_08

Asked by babygirl_08 at 1:07 AM on Nov. 9, 2008 in Pregnancy

• you're more than likely gonna know it... especially if it's your first.

if you are worried that you aren't feeling contractions, place your hands on your stomach and relax. Feel for tightening. time the tightening like you would a contraction.

my 3rd baby was easy but that's partly because I knew how to react to the pain.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:09 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• u will know when you're in labor believe me
    nora17

Answer by nora17 at 1:10 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I used to DESPISE it when people told me "Oh you'll know when you're in labor" when I was pregnant with my first. But truth be told, you do. *banging head against wall because they were right* LOL

You will definitely be in pain. You could go into early labor and sometimes with that, you don't feel too much pain and some, not at all. But when you start having contractions, they will be painful. I would describe them as menstrual cramps x10. No, that's not to scare you. lol But that's what the pain feels like.

If you do notice tightening of your stomach, then you could be having contractions (which beginning ones or braxton hicks) aren't painful or too painful to begin with. Other signs of labor are diarrhea or very frequent bowel movements. This doesn't happen with everyone but it's one of the signs. =)

Try not to be too nervous..everything will fall into place just the way it's supposed to! Good luck!
    my2luvbugs

Answer by my2luvbugs at 1:25 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• My labor started with a gush followed by a waterfall, so I didn't have too many questions. I started having contractions immediately after that, super close together...but they didn't hurt! As awkward as I felt with my water breaking, I'm so thankful that I didn't have to try to time contractions or make any guesses about whether or not I was in labor. I hope it goes the same way for you!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 3:05 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• you dont have to have pain with labour,with my second i didnt,my son broke my front waters and the midwife was i was 4cm apart had to break my back waters.if you are soaking a towel within a few minutes then you will be in labour,in some cases if you do leave it untill your due date it will stress the baby out and it will die.my son was born a month early,my strong suggestion is to get checked out anyway,at least this will put your mind at rest.
    cruizymum

Answer by cruizymum at 3:06 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• i also suggest to take some castor oil,this tastes horrible but i was only in labour for 5 hours with both my kids,it helps the baby move down easier and helps with the cramping.its suggested to take 2 weeks before due date and the rest when your in labour.i would take half now and the rest just before you are fully dilated.i found it does help tremendously
    cruizymum

Answer by cruizymum at 3:17 AM on Nov. 9, 2008