question about friendship

ok so i just ended a friendhsip with someone who i thought was a good friend but turned out to disappoint me in so many ways. disappeared through my pregnancy and would always make excuses about not coming around about how much problems she has but i would find out that she is out partying all the time. when i had the baby been 2 months she never came to see the baby and never would even mentioning wanting to come. so i ended the frienship in an honest way. now she is going around saying that it was the lowest point of her life and she didn't need this right now cuz her husband which cheats on her all the time got arrested. is this supposed to make me feel bad that i ended it since she was never there for me except if i was ready to go out and party with her? am i wrong for ending the friendship by honestly telling her how i felt?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:08 AM on Nov. 9, 2008 in Relationships

• No and your not alone in that. A lot of us moms get ditched when we mature and have kids and settle down. She sounds like she just anted a wild, party buddy to be honest.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:12 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• nope hold up your head ...you did the right thing

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:15 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Doesn't sound like it was a good friendship. Okay to end it. And don't worry about what she says, I think she just wants the attention.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 1:16 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• thanks ladies!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:22 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• this is soooooo funny!
    i swear to you, the SAME EXACT thing happened to me.
    we had been best friends since grade school & she was going through a rough time when i was prego but i still feel asthough she didnt need to step out of my life the way she did.
    i agree with the 1st post to this question, you did do the right thing if you sat her down & explained how you felt and the way you wish everything could be.
    thats what i did & it took a while. like months, but she came around & realized how she had treated me.
    its tough, i know. but just be there for her when she needs you.
    mabey she hasnt been the best of friends to you, but be the better person ya know?
    =]
    hope i helped.
    if you need to talk anymore about it message me!!
    =]
    .Kelly.

Answer by .Kelly. at 1:43 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I stepped out on a friend that was bad mouthing my husband and my sister. I told her exactly why I was upset at her and everything. Then I had a friend that was only ever around when she needed something. Her boyfriend was heavy into meth and they never had any money and they would fight all the time. So when she needed food or a place to stay for the night or something like that I wa the first person she called. When I went into labor with my second child, she said that she was getting high and she didn't give a F*&K about me. That was it for me. I think you did what you needed to do for you! Good for you, it is a hard choice to make.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 4:46 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• i just get so mad when friends expect you to be there for them but when you get disappointed when they are not there for you, they don't want you to have expectations....if you don't expect from friends or family, who should you expet to be there...some stranger off the street? thanks girls. i really appreciate your input on this
    Anonymous