What kind of table foods should I start with?

My 11.5 month old is not very interested in table foods, with the exception of Gerber Puffs and Cheerios. I tried cooking so vegetables very soft for him, but he is not interested in eating it. Daycare has told me that the other kids are eating vegetables from the table, and that maybe its time for him to start. When did you start and with what?

tarakenyon06

Asked by tarakenyon06 at 10:29 AM on Dec. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't remember when I started with my kids except for my last one. She was almost a yr old. I started with mashed potatoes.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 10:31 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Try giving him foods that he can pick up and feed himself. Chunks of avacado, beans, peas, anything!! I always keep a bag of frozen peas in the freezer! Give him a spoon that he can play with while you feed him, and then he can "feed himself" . My daughter will almost eat anything that she can spoon in her mouth if she's holding the spoon (with mom's help).
    kbakeman

Answer by kbakeman at 10:35 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Mac & cheese...
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 10:35 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Avacados, bananas, cubed squash, Also we got one of these and he loved it. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sassy-Baby-Safe-Feeder-2-2-Starter-Kit/11974153
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 12:40 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I started my kids at 11 months they like mashed potatoes, real bananas [smashed], peas, cereal.. They like food they can handle them selves that's were the cereal comes in at.
    christina115

Answer by christina115 at 12:42 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Mashed potatoes, and carrots cooked.
    genevieve55

Answer by genevieve55 at 12:52 AM on Dec. 21, 2010