The hunter became the prey?

Priest: Slain dad had taught boy, 8, to use guns
ST. JOHNS, Ariz. – A man who police believe was shot and killed by his 8-year-old son had consulted a Roman Catholic priest about whether the boy should handle guns and had taught him how to use a rifle, the clergyman said Saturday.

The father, Vincent Romero, 29, was from a family of avid hunters and wanted to make sure the boy wasn't afraid of guns, said the Very Rev. John Paul Sauter of St. Johns Catholic Church. The boy's stepmother had suggested he have a BB gun, the priest said.

Romero taught his son how to use a rifle to kill prairie dogs, Sauter said. Police say the boy used a .22-caliber rifle Wednesday to kill his father and another man, Timothy Romans, 39, of San Carlos.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:08 AM on Nov. 9, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• well i guess in a sense his father taught him very well how to shoot. maybe he didn't think to tell him not to point a guy at people. maybe the father had said things like people don't kill people guns kill people and the boy tested the theory out. either way the guns should of been locked and away from the child. would of saved his life. does anyone know why?
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 4:16 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• what's your question?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:09 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Yeah, what is the question?
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 1:11 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• umm ok
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:13 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• sorry it didn't fit and I had to use the ladies room. Here it goes. who here believes in gun control? This dad showed his son to kill animals and got killed by his son.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:14 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I don't get it.. what's the question?
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 1:14 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I believe in Intelligent Parenting!
    Who teaches a 8 year old to use a gun? Thats just stupid!....**eye roll***, did they ever find out why he killed them?
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 1:16 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• well I believe in a certain amount of gun control. such as Is a fully automatic rifle really a weapon of self defense? IMO no it's over kill, as is sniper rifle...come on how can you claim self defense on a range of like 1000 yards? who the heck is threatening your life from that far away?

I also believe that if you are going to keep guns in the house with children, the adult needs to follow gun safety such as locking up the guns and ammo so that the child has no access.

flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 1:17 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Is this the same person who asked it you could get pregnant by having sex while standing up?
    Just curious..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:18 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Well, I kind of need more information on the son's motive for killing him before I can decide how I feel about the whole thing....
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 1:18 AM on Nov. 9, 2008