North Korea scares me....what are your thoughts?

Queenofscrap

Asked by Queenofscrap at 10:31 AM on Dec. 20, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• What scares me is that it doesn't scare the goof balls in our government
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:35 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• It's the China-Russia-North Korea Alliance that concern me. We need to stop rewarding N. Korea for their horrible behavior. They are broke right now. They need $$$, so they have backed down. China refuses to publically get involved. And their public silence, shows strength to the world. We can't pressure them like we could have in the past.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:06 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• They scare me too.....
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 10:32 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• My thoughts are that people underestimate their geographic location - they are China's problem first and our problem second. "Scary" as they may be, China is scarier. Even if NK doesn't realize that, everyone else does, and the moment they exceed the boundaries of their own stupidity, they'll be dealt with one way or another. That includes a missile to SeaTac - China needs to protect its investment.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:44 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I'm not scared right now. I think there's more bark than bite there, but i also recognize that the N. Korean leadership is pretty whacky.

N. Korea is as broke as a joke, they would need China on thier side to pose any real threat, and China isn't in this case.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 10:47 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• VERY SCARY!!!!! I live on the West coast...just a missle shot away from that insane idiot. Why can't he just learn to play well with others? SERIOUSLY!

~N.Korea has more duds than successes. You have little to worry about in the west coast. N. Korea can pick on someone their own size (ROK). They don't have the balls to come CONUS, Hawaii,Alaska.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:09 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I am genuinely scared of them too. They are too ballsy, IMO, and I get nervous every time they "test" their weapons.

banana-bear

Answer by banana-bear at 10:42 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

theartsychik

Answer by theartsychik at 11:04 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Yes, and China.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 12:36 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• North Korea concerns me, as would any country with weapons and a large army that's run by a complete nutjob. My youngest BIL is teaching English in South Korea, and says the military presence in his village has increased greatly since the attack, and that everyone he knows is a little more on edge. Although I don't think North Korea could do much to the actual United States at this time, I think they're a country that needs to be watched closely. And I wish China and Russia would do more to stand up to them.
    jilby

Answer by jilby at 5:46 PM on Dec. 20, 2010