Family Christmas pictures..

Am I the only one that finds them incredibly cheesy? The family in their matching/coordinating outfits with awkward grins on their faces and the fake out of place background.

Now children's Christmas pics are a totally different story, I love getting those.

Nanixh

Asked by Nanixh at 10:44 AM on Dec. 20, 2010 in Holidays

• I don't like when people all dress in the same outfit. It drives my nuts. However, I do like getting family portraits done once in a while. (Everyone in their own nice looking clothes).
    bseastrand

Answer by bseastrand at 10:48 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• We take our own Christmas picture in front of our own tree, no fake background, usually just the kids, and, no, we don't wear matching outfits. Ouch!! This year we even included the kitties.

ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 10:49 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I love family portraits but I don't dress us all in the same clothing and I take them myself.
    HeartsCombined

Answer by HeartsCombined at 10:50 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• We snapped this one of ourselves last year. Matching outfits for the kids and all!

Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 10:53 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I think it's weird when the parents are in them. I love pictures of the kids.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:54 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• No not cheesy, I am guilty of this, but we do it at home. My mom helped take the picture this year. I make them into Christmas cards to send to family and friends we don't see often.

a_brown23

Answer by a_brown23 at 10:57 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I like being able to look back at all the old Chirstmas picutres. We used to go somewhere to get them done and now we just take them at home. Usually we take it at Christmas Eve. I don't send them as a Christmas Card, I just like having it so when the kids are older we can look back and laugh and remember what a great time we had.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 11:01 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• lol our Christmas pic this year was the one we got done at the mall with Santa. the girls were all dressed Christmasey but not matching, except they all had matching shoes. hubby and i did not plan to be in the picture, but my 2 year old wouldn't have it any other way. so we're in it, him wearing his Gators shirt and me wearing my Rays shirt.. lol. it was kinda nice though to have the whole family in it. I used that as our Christmas card picture.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:05 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Christmas pictures don't have to be fake with cheesy backgrounds. Like others have posted they can be in the home, real smiles, or even candid shots. It really depends on what YOU consider a family Holiday picture.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:18 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I've only sent pics of the kids, never include the adults, and they never have matching outfits. Most of the time, it's not even a "Christmas" picture in front of the tree, just a nice picture of the three of them.

1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 2:05 PM on Dec. 20, 2010