Getting Gass!!

Okay . I really dont know what to do. when i go and get gas in the car and I have my two little boys with me 2 and 1years when i have to pay with cash i dont want to leave them in the car to run in and pay and i dont want to have to unbuckle each of them out of their seats and go through all of that hassle so before i go out if i know i am paying with cash i just stay home so i dont have to worry about it but when i can pay with my card at the pump i go out. does anyone have any suggestions what i can do so i can go out and pay with cash when i have them with me. i just feel so bad like im doing something wrong by leaving them in the car when i run in and its only for like a few seconds...

xsbnix

Asked by xsbnix at 10:52 AM on Dec. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• Don't ever pay with cash. If you only have cash go to a full service pump.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:55 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• How I see it. You should just take them with you. Go pay for the gas. That is what it is like to have kids. You have to take them everywhere. Yes, it is a pain, but to keep the kids safe you do what you have to. Or get a debit card or credit card and use that to pay for gas.

Answer by louise2 at 10:57 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Personally, I would never leave my kids in the car, no matter the length of time. I've seen too many news stories about carjackings with kids inside.

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 10:58 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• These days, you should NEVER leave your kids alone in the car. Are you married? Fill the car up the night before you have to run errands. Or have DH do it for you. Plan ahead. If you are single, have your mom or BFF to watch the kids long enough for you to go fill up the car.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 10:59 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• i always use my card for this reason. im not going to get my 4, 2, and 11 month old out by myself, have to carry one and keep one eye on each of the other two just to run in and pay. if my hubby is with me one of us will go inside. but when im by myself i always use my card.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:01 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Yes, it's a pain in the butt to unbuckle them and take them in for a couple of seconds. But are you really going to sacrafice for you errands and your daily schedule to only when you can use a card? Just suck it up and unbuckle them. I know, it's a pain, but it's the only way that you're going to have the best of both.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:14 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Just always use a card. If you don't have a bank account get a prepaid car just for gas.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 11:25 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I live in the state of Oregon where I dont have that problem. I would suggest always paying by card.
    foreverof4

Answer by foreverof4 at 8:07 PM on Dec. 20, 2010