Need Book Suggestions

I loved the Harry Potter books, the older Anne Rice books, not the new ones and I have read the Sookie Stackhouse books, first few where very good. I need a suggestion of good books to read where the author does not spend a full page description a tree and it does not take five chapters to get moving. I will not read a book that I must read 50 page to even start the story. Any suggestions?

KimPrintable

Asked by KimPrintable at 10:59 AM on Dec. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• The Percy Jackson & the Olympian series (first book: The Lightning Thief) by Rick Riordan is good, very action-packed. And I've heard good things bout James A. Owen's Chronicles of the Imaginarium Geographica series (first book: Here, There Be Dragons), but I haven't read those personally. If you like sci-fi, Orson Scott Card's Ender series is great (first book: Ender's Game). He's also just published the first book in a new young adult series called Pathfinder that I really enjoyed, a blend of sci-fi and fantasy. Graceling and Fire by Kristin Cashore are also good (they're companion books, so they relate to each other, but you don't have to read one before the other).
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:26 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I like the Anita Blake series by Laurel K Hamilton. Anita is a vampire hunter who ends up being with a head vampire.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 11:01 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• If you are into teen fantisy books I loved Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare is good..I also love the Twighlight Saga..If you like murder books I loved the In Death series by JD Robb..If you are looking for real life books with a twist the Jodi Picoult books are good, I haven't read all of them but I have liked the ones I did read.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 11:03 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• "The Help" by Kathryn Stockett. One of the best books I've read. There are wonderful characters and the book is laced with humor and suspense. I couldn't put it down.
    teacher-author

Answer by teacher-author at 11:05 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Painted House, Secret Life Of Bees, The Doctor's Wife, and now I am drawing a blank. lol
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 11:07 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Memory Keepers Daughter, Anything writen by Karen Kingsbury, Anything by Maeve Binchy, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn.
    baby1love

Answer by baby1love at 2:03 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Thanks for all the great answers
    KimPrintable

Comment by KimPrintable (original poster) at 3:19 PM on Dec. 20, 2010