Length of Mirena Crash

i had the mirena in for 5years with no problems and no pregnancies...which was good bcuz i had gotten pg on the pill and depo b4 and i was trying to finish college...i had it taken out about 6wks ago and have been experiencing the mirena crash since about 2wks ago...i had never heard of this and my dr never mentioned it...about 2wks ago i started experiencing intense nausea, mood swings and breast tenderness...i thought 4 sure i was pg even with neg pg tests i thought it was just a matter of time til i had a pos test...then i started my period about 2 days ago and feel worse than ever...the bleeding is like niagra falls, the cramps are mind blowing, intense headaches, my lower back aches badly all the time, and on top of all that im still nauseous, emotional, and feel like "blah" inside....duz ne1 know how long this lasts??

melmae3

Asked by melmae3 at 11:09 AM on Dec. 20, 2010 in Health

• I didn't have that problem..I had mine for three years before getting that piece of crap out and switching to the Paragard IUD. Bumping for you!
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 12:09 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• It's because your body is having to get back into "the swing of things". Understand that it's been 5 years since it's had to produce hormones, and now it will have to start producing all of your hormones again, exclusively. Sounds to me like you're going through postpartum-type symptoms... like as if you'd had a baby and your body had to readjust. I would definitely tell your doctor about your symptoms and how long you've been having them. He/She may be able to help your body jump start.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 12:23 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• i didnt have that happen to me either and i also switched to parguard. heres a bump
    BrandiH.

Answer by BrandiH. at 7:20 PM on Dec. 20, 2010