Tough Decisions and Running Out of Time

I have had an unbelievable year! I lost my job unexpectedly right after I bought my house. I had a rough break-up (it lasted about a month). Depression set in immediately. My boyfriend and I got back together and decided to work things out...and I got pregnant. He said and I said that I wanted this baby...so it was planned. Unfortunately the things he broke up me for..I found out he was doing...again after I found out I was pregnant. Now I felt betrayed, more depressed, stuck and now pregnant and still out of work. I try to stay in prayer to stay positive but cause I am pregnant I am a wreck. We are trying again to work things out but I feel as though I cannot be a victim of single parenting. I have one child who has a great father and I feel as though my future will be the complete opposite. Single parent, hurt by the relationship and more depressed. I ony have about one week to decide on abortion seems like the only option.

prego32903

Asked by prego32903 at 11:13 AM on Dec. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I think the looming deadline is probably stressing you out. You don't only have week to decide. You are admittedly depressed right now and probably not in shape to make a life long decision. I was a single parent for 5 years. My dd is hte best thing that ever happened. It was hard but rewarding. Sign up for WIC and other programs that can help you while you dont have a job. You dont have to have a job, significant other and your whole future figured out by next week to make this decision. You can commit to just "surviving" pregnacy. LOL Honestly I think all women just try to get thru pregnancy..I hope someday I understand how women enjoy it but I just survived it! If you decide you dont want to be a single parent you an bless another family with adoption. You have time to make this decision..dont pressure yourself with 1 week. Alot of things can change in a short amount of time.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:23 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• If you need a job, go and be a childminder. It seems the best option for you. You have a house, you can set up an environment for children. You can earn good money with it. And throw that jerk who uses you and your feelings like dirt. You can do the childminding after you have the baby as well. Two flies in one splash. You are strong enough:)
    adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 11:19 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I would say no to the abortion, you decided to have this baby and you should go through with it, its not the babies fault. Adoption is always an option, and you will be fine alone, millions of women do it alone every day. Stay strong.

bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 11:16 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• You have to do what is best for you. I understand that you are not happy with things right now, although you did plan on this baby and it is not the baby's fault that things are going the way they are. Would you consider giving the baby up for adoption because that is another option, I am not telling you what to do I just think you have to really think things through before you just make the decision to get an abortion.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 11:16 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I can't tell you the right answer but I will say do not count on your guy and do not get an abortion in hopes of saving your relationship with him. I don't want to depress you more, but I have to be honest, and I don't want you thinking that things will work out with him and making decisions based on that hope. He was doing the same things you broke up for after you got back together so clearly nothing changed, and he was doing them while you were pregnant so he clearly felt no new loyalty to you or need to take care of you and do the right thing. So don't expect that will change, whether you have a baby or not. Being a single mom is the hardest job in the world, there is no question about that, but there is no question that being a mother is the most rewarding job in the world. There is of course the adoption option as well, giving that baby a life and some parents a child to love could be a good answer. Hugs and best wishes.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 11:19 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• why exactly do you think you are a victim if you are a single parent? just have the baby. everything works out for the best. everything happens for a reason. and the only person who can fight to not be a victim of anything is you. no single parent is a victim. i do not feel that way. i think its the best thing that ever happen to me in my life. i couldn't of ask for a better child. and i have a crappy situation too. just hang in there and you are alot stronger then you give yourself credit for.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 11:20 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• If you have a baby now and you're doing great why not do it with two? Single parenting isn't as and as everyone makes it seem. There are some wonderful single parents out there and their children grow up to be normal.
    Just do what's right for you. Don't let anyone push you into something you don't want or make you feel bad for what ever you decide.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:21 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Don't abort. I don't say that out of any religious conviction I say it because your child is a healthy, beautiful blessing to the world. Give it up for adoption if you must, at least you know that the "blessed" family getting your child will be well able to care for it. Maybe you are the channel to some lucky family to have a child. As for your boyfriend kick him to the curb. You are a young woman and you deserve better. Love, light, and blessings on you and the decisions that you make.
    theartsychik

Answer by theartsychik at 11:29 AM on Dec. 20, 2010