Fun Ideas for Toddlers...

I would love some ideas of fun things to do with toddlers (either at home or outings). Does anyone have suggestions?

Teacher_Momma

Asked by Teacher_Momma at 3:32 PM on Jul. 6, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Go to a park and have a treasure hunt. Leaves, sticks, rocks, they love finding things at that age. I babysat for a lady with toddlers and they LOVED baby einsten. It may just be a coincidence, but they where really smart. For a bit of messy fun, get a plastic tablecloth, make some edible playdough and let them have at it with kitchen utensils. (Not dangerous or sharp ones.) Potato mashers, cookie cutters,rolling pins, and spoons all work well. Have them "help" you cook, or do laundry. Make a tent with a blanket and chairs and play hide and seek. Let them dress up in big people clothes. Dancing. (IE crank the music and go crazy for a few minutes.) Sidewalk chalk is fun. You can pm me, I babysat for years before having my own. I have more ideas, but I have no idea if this is helping!
    firstimemom4049

Answer by firstimemom4049 at 3:57 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• Water games, little pool party, musical instruments, finger painting (with crayola on special paper).
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 4:09 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• My kids love fingerpainting. So I went to Dollar Store and found a large white sheet and we spread it out in the driveway and we go to town and see who can paint the most on the sheet and then the great thing is once you are done you can wash the sheet and start over. I have a 2 yr old and a 4 yr old and they both get a lot of enjoyment of this!!
    redtang912

Answer by redtang912 at 4:33 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• Make colored bubbles, add food coloring to some bubbles. Also you can hang up some paper and have your toddler blow bubbles towards the paper it makes a great art piece. One you will cherish for years to come.
    hnhead

Answer by hnhead at 1:13 AM on Jul. 7, 2008