"well it didnt kill u kids"-mother!

so does anyone have a mom out there who is so set in her ways and opinions she wont shut up whn u learn something new. Like a natural birth was not even a thought in my mind and my mom was like well i had natural births and u guys are fine its better and delivery is faster. i researched like crazy and both are fine options. then the debates started over breast or bottle. shes like i used formula so you should. and i told her no and she got pissed. and then theres daycare...dont even get me started. i want her to go around 6 months for social interaction and she used that damn well you kids are still alive. she keeps trying to give my daughter solids so i caved in and it made her sick....i coulod go on but how do u deal.

SummerMom072208

Asked by SummerMom072208 at 1:36 AM on Nov. 9, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• and they didn't use carseats back then either so should you not use one? LOL

I'd just politely remind her that you are the Mom now and she's the grandmother. She is not raising your baby, you are.
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 1:39 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I would politely tell her that you appreciate her advice, but this is your child. They have made advances since you were growing up....she may not agree with your choices...but they are yours to make. Hold firm...eventually she'll get over it.
    CurvieMomma

Answer by CurvieMomma at 1:41 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• haha i wish. she wont stop its always a new thing like i want cloth diapers so bad and shes like well im using disaposables...get bent is all i want to say
    SummerMom072208

Answer by SummerMom072208 at 1:42 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• then say it! LOL :)

flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 1:48 AM on Nov. 9, 2008