Worried.............

Im 34 weeks along and up until a couple days ago my lil boy was very active. I have only felt him really move once maybe twice the last couple of days. Should i call doc yet again & dors anyone know of any ideas to get him moving?

DJN4

Asked by DJN4 at 11:16 AM on Dec. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Try drinking orange juice or apple juice and lay down on your left side. That may get him moving along. If that doesn't work then I would call to speak to a nurse either at your doctors office or at you labor and delivery. I know that the farther along in pregnancy you get such as in you last month or two the baby will slow down movement some from lack of room. but try this and/or calling it in to ease your mind.
    angelmine2011

Answer by angelmine2011 at 11:19 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• drink something really cold, like cold milk or cold water. ive heard putting ice in your tummy will move them out of a painful spot like if they're foot's up in your ribcage and they just left it there, so maybe give that a try. rub your belly too, the sensation might wake him up. other than that, pay close attention today. do "kick counts" and count how many times you feel him. sometimes they run out of room in there and don't move much, and ive heard when fetuses fall asleep it is almost impossible to wake them up. it wouldn't hurt to call the doc though, better safe than sorry. although im sure your LO is just sleeping hardcore :)
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:20 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Drink lots of cold water and see if that helps... but yeah I would call the doctor for sure, they can very easily check on the baby. Good luck :0)
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 11:20 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• lay still maybe you just dont notice. its a lil more cramped in there than it used to be. if youre worried call your dr.
    bseastrand

Answer by bseastrand at 11:21 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• You should really call the dr. There might be something that is keeping him from moving. Not to panic you or anything but call the dr as soon as possible.
    mary_whtsn

Answer by mary_whtsn at 11:27 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• That's one of the cases when the doctor wants you to call, when baby isn't moving like normal. Go ahead and call and set up a time to be seen, and while you're waiting try drinking some juice and lying down to see if it helps. At the doctor, they'll probably do an ultrasound, maybe hook you up to monitors for a NST.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:31 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I'd call, just to ease my mind and relieve the worry/stress.
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 11:34 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• If you rest then you might be able to feel him move around. It could be that your too active to be able to feel him, or it could be that he's getting ready for the birthing process and is being less active becuase your body is about to go into labor.
    momnstepmom

Answer by momnstepmom at 11:37 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Thank you ladies..... Ive tried drinking something cold & laying down. Gonna try again while the house is nice & quiet. Got an appointment in a.m. But dont think I can wait till then.
    DJN4

Comment by DJN4 (original poster) at 11:39 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Hope everything is okay. Try eating a candy bar or something sugary...you should get a movement then. Good luck and Congratulations!
    horsesteelers

Answer by horsesteelers at 1:07 PM on Dec. 20, 2010