this is good idea for those who are always broke around xmas:)

I shop the clearance all year long at walmart and keep it for xmas..I hide it in the attic or garage or at my parents house my kids never find it..alot of times toys will go on sale really inexpensive,shoes,clothes ect...Although I do have to say with clothes I buy a size bigger than what they wear so I know it will fit when xmas comes around..This way I have my xmas before black friday..and I know my kids will have a good christmas even if they don't get what they ask for...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Dec. 20, 2010 in Holidays

• That is, if the people have the extra money throughout the year to buy ahead of time on clearance sales in the first place. My DH and I buy Christmas after taxes if the kids didn't get anything for the actualy holiday, we apply for help. If they got something for Christmas then we will take the money we would have spent on getting them after Christmas Christmas presents and donate it to the agency who helped us with our own Christmas. That way, we are not only getting help, but during tax return time we are in turn, helping the people who helped us. It also teaches our kids a valuable lesson to see us helping those who helped us.
    momnstepmom

Answer by momnstepmom at 11:31 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• AWSOME! Way to plan ahead!!
    theartsychik

Answer by theartsychik at 11:32 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I shop all year long - well, I didn't this year as my husband was ill and then he died, so it's been a really crazy and difficult year. But I usually do, not only for the good deals but also because it's convenient to do it that way - no last minute rush!
    Gaccck

Answer by Gaccck at 11:34 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• good ideas ;)
    bumped
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 11:37 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• That is what we are doing for 2011. No more stressed mom for the entire month of december!
    pjacademy

Answer by pjacademy at 11:39 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Good ideas to share. I always did this as well, when my kids were small. I always thought ahead and was prepared for those difficult times. There is always something you can give up, like soda for the week, or no snack foods, so that I would have money to use for presents for them.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 11:43 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Awesome - where were you 9 months ago to tell me this?!?!? I still haven't shopped for my kids. :(
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 12:39 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I PLAN on doing that every year but never seem to get it done. LOL

SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 2:46 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• sleepninjabunch of roseshugging This is an awesome idea,  its like buying whites and linens at the beginning of the year and summer clothes in the spring. 

brieri

Answer by brieri at 2:57 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I have to say that I completly agree with you most of the time I have my christmas shopping done by the end of october, and I start in febuary but I find it so much easier and then I'm not trying to come up with a bunch of money I don't have for one day of the year.
    outofoptions67

Answer by outofoptions67 at 4:19 PM on Dec. 20, 2010