I don't feel well today... Oh you must be pregnant

Isn't it annoying when ever you don't feel well the first question on out a lot of people's mouth is "Are you pregnant?"
That was the number one question that was asked to me growing up by my mother anytime I would not feel well she would think I was pregnant.
The other day she called and wanted me to go over there. Right now I wanted nothing to do with her any want to cut her from my children s and my life. Long story but I will tell you a couple things. She called my 3 year old retarded just becasue she doesn't talk. She also is an alcoholic and leaves her drinks laying around and my children almost get to them . She drinks from the minute she wakes up till the minute she goes to bed. Also she clearly favors my niece over my children and she does it in front of my kids making my daughter feel bad because cousin got a new toy and she didn't.
Anyways I lied and said I wasn't feeling good. First words out of her mouth.
"Are you pregnant?' I wish I could hit her. I said you kind of have to be currently sexually active to get pregnant.
Does anyone ever get this from people? Anytime you feel a little ill they always ask if you're pregnant?

mommy_of_two388

Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 11:27 AM on Dec. 20, 2010 in Health

• I hate it... but I know I am guilty of doing it to others too, maybe I should shut-up lol :0).
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 11:28 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• All the time. It drives me nuts.
    bseastrand

Answer by bseastrand at 11:32 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I do it...but I try to make sure that they can detect the humor/sarcasm in my voice (hell, I do it to my husband). And it's done to me...the only problem I have with it now, is that I want to be and as far as I can tell...I'm not yet.
    dlandrum

Answer by dlandrum at 11:48 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I was just thinking about this last night but not for not feeling good but for eating odd combinations. LOL!!! I seem to get asked the question when I eat something odd to them but yummy to me.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 12:06 PM on Dec. 20, 2010